- Your favorite song right now is "Oh My Darlin' 'Clementime'". You like to alternate LOUDsoftLOUDsoftLOUDsoft every few words.
- You are able to articulate yourself amazingly well and life is incredible that way!
- We are potty training! Day 1 went very well, Day 2 got off to a little bit of a shaky start, but you like your big girl undies. Edit: 8/19 - you are now successfully potty trained!
- We have traveled a lot this summer - we had a wonderful family trip to Colorado for Andrew & Lamy family time and another short one to Michigan for Langford family time.
- All lullabies must now start off with "On your mark, get set, go. And a 1, and a 2, and a 3 - Go."
- You often request a "Ladies and Gentlemen - Parker will now: dance ballet; sing a song; jump, etc." You also ask us to introduce the songs on your Disney Princess cd the same way: "Ladies & Gentlemen, Mulan will now sing 'Look at me'; Belle will now sing 'Little Town'". Mommy will probably completely forget the real names of all of these songs...
- "P-Mom where did you get these shorts? M-Actually they're just my jeans rolled up. P- Oh - they're pretending to be shorts. That's really smart."
- You love to play games on the laptop at PBSKids.org and now how to manipulate the mouse touchpad.
- Love to help mommy with "the laundries", absolutely must sweep if I pull out the broom, and love to help in the kitchen. I am fairly confident that if you could get the water pitcher out of the fridge, you could brew a good cup of coffee.
- Still get SO excited about anything and everything and it's adorable. Today we had our new dining room table delivered, you went in to Daddy who was working - "DAD! Look what they gived us!!!"
- Have taught yourself how to do somersaults.
- Still say "cram cheese", "sliperly" sometimes, and "day gay giegay go" for Go Diego Go. You're on a big Dora & Diego kick right now.
- You are very excited about starting school in a week, although I'm not sure if you think school is actually the playground where we had a "meet the class" playdate.
EDIT: Took a break and continued this on 9/9/10.
- Pointing out three is a BIG thing - and you often request 3 of something because you are three. Or "'cause that shows I'm three (free)".
- You say "togedder".
- When you wake up you often say "Mom- guess what was in my dreams" and then you tell me.
- You STILL love to play peekaboo when we arrive somewhere and open the car door to get you.
- You are fully potty trained now and it's great traveling lighter! Took about two weeks before I was comfortable leaving the house with you.
- We've been through our first week of school and you absolutely love it. Friday in the carpool pick up you said you'd made a new friend that day and his name was "Milleeeeer" with the cutest inflection that I have no idea how to put into words. Unfortunately you also caught your first preschool cold and we've missed the only day of school this week so far. (Monday was Labor Day).
- You pretend play ALL the time - I especially love watching you put on and take off your "bike helmet" when you ride your scootabout. You often tell us what character we are and who you are playing - "You're Boots - I'm Dora", "I'm Ariel - you're Ursula the sea witch/Prince Eric". Sometimes I hear you say things like "'but I dont' want to' Ariel said" as you narrate your own stories to yourself.
- You prefer to wear only underwear at home. When we come home from somewhere you take your shoes & socks off, place them by the fireplace, then ask for help getting your clothes off and place them carefully on top of your shoes & socks.
- You can draw faces with eyes, noses & mouths! You drew one inspired by your friend Hannah one day and never looked back. Yesterday you painted on on your easel with hair. :o)
- After one week of preschool you are using phrases like "You know what would be helpful?" & "What do you think he's feeling?" when looking at pictures of people's/character's faces in books and such.
- You still love to read books with us, one of my favorite times of the day is after bathtime when we're sitting on your bed reading bedtime stories.
- We're still working on your "picky eating" - trying to have family dinners and doing the "Sneaky Chef" thing while offering you vegetables.
- For the most part you've really been enjoying your swim lessons - you even jump in with joyful abandon now, sometimes with out holding hands.
- You make up songs all the time - you often announce "I wrote a song about such and such - wanna hear it?" Some are short, many are long extended songs with accompaniment on your xylophone.
We love you Parker!!!
*It may be a stretch - but I'm sending this in for Steady Mom's Thirty Minute Blog Challenge: http://www.steadymom.com/2010/09/help-for-busy-tired-moms.html It's been sitting half finished for quite awhile, but I wrapped things up in 30 minutes today. :O)